Tuesday 18 September 2018

Calgary Motorcycle Parking

Just a quick post.
There are a number of motorcycle-only streetside (or sometimes sidewalk) parking spots scattered around downtown Calgary.  It is not free.

However, while all-day streetside parking for cars can be exorbitant, motorcycles appear to be $2.50/hour, to a max of $8.00 a day.  Not terrible.

I'll likely be parking at 3 Ave SW and 3 St SW (lot 6002), to the east of the Devon Tower (where Cisco has an office on the 3rd floor), next to the Spaghetti Factory.

You can find occupancy and rate information from the map at https://www.calgaryparking.com/findparking/onstreet.  

I'm staying at the Homewood Suites Calgary Downtown (also attached to a Hilton Garden Inn) at 7 Ave SE and 4 St SE.  They have ONLY valet parking, at something like $36/day.  Since they can't valet motorcycles, I managed to talk them down to $25/day, which is still absurd.  However, judging by some of the people I've seen walking the street around the hotel, I'm glad to have my motorcycle in secured underground parking.  And my company is paying for the parking, so I care a little less.

No comments:

Post a Comment